The Peck Family

The Peck Family
2011

happy quote

“For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
Luke 1:37

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's the Little Miracles that Count

The panel of doctors met to discuss my mom's case along with many others on Wednesday, October 5th. After the panel had met, Dr. Rich had my parents come into his office to discuss the treatment options the doctors came up with. Dr. Rich was happy to inform my parents that as the doctors were discussing my moms case and deciding what to do to give my mom "Quality of Life", a doctor spoke up and announced he knew a doctor that would perform surgery and cut out her tumors. Dr. Rich told my parents that this doctor wanted to meet with them to explain. While meeting with my parents the doctor told my parents that he did his residency at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. He claimed the doctor he worked under was "a world class surgeon." and he could easily perform the surgery to remove ALL the tumors. That news has been news that has given us all hope that our mom may survive a lot longer than a year. It is also unbelievable that none of the other doctors in Utah would suggest doing surgery.

The other miracle is, when my parents first met with Dr. Rich and he wanted to put my moms case on the panel to be reviewed, the panel for that week was full. Dr. Rich had the feeling/urgency, we call it the spirit, that he should put my mom on the board that week and bump another persons case to make a spot for my mom. Dr. Rich followed his instincts and went ahead and put my mom's case on the panel. The Doctor who suggested surgery to remove my moms tumors is not usually on that panel, but he was only there for another specific case that day. We are grateful that Dr. Rich listened to the prompting of the spirit, because if he would not have, the doctor who suggested surgery would not have been there the next week.

Since meeting on the panel the doctors have also found a surgeon who has recently moved to Utah from Texas who is willing to perform the surgery. My parents will meet with them on Friday. We will keep you updated.

We are so thankful for these little miracles and we thank you for the prayers in behalf of my mom.

2 comments:

  1. We are so thrilled and encouraged by this "little miracle" which as we know is huge! Our prayers and love are with you all.

    What a beautiful job you are doing on this blog!

    Love, Sharon & Lin dePaula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys me and my family are here for you and are so blessed to be friends with you your family is the beat and have encouraged me so much and know how to show unconditional love thank you so much for all you do.
    Make sure to keep your spirits up I know doing so will do wonders
    Thank you love richard&trina

    ReplyDelete